Good Morning Camellia


It's Camellia season in my garden and this pure white, silky Camellia of the Japonica Alba Plena variety was a favorite of Coco Chanel.It has no fragrance but such frivolities matter not when so much beauty abounds.Of course the Camellia is an icon in Chanel's designs and she was also influenced by Alexander Dumas' 1848 novel The Lady of The Camellias.In fact, I've been reading Dumas' tale of a "kept" woman in the glamourous Paris of the late 19th century which features courtesanes galor and consumption too.I downloaded it on my iPad via the Free Books app which is a treasure trove of the literary classics you've always wanted to read but that's another blog post....More soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really pleasant and the people are truly sharing fastidious thoughts.

    Also visit my site book of rah online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit every day some web pages and sites to read articles or reviews, except
    this webpage provides quality based posts.

    Here is my blog post: genabedar.xanga.com

    ReplyDelete